MJ Stevens-Dryling Apprenticeship X4- Exeter
Employer - MJ Stevens
Great opportunity to start a new career in the construction industry as a Dry Liner, with a large successful company in the South West.
As a dry liner, your work would involve a "fixing stage, followed by a "Finishing" stage.
At the "Fixing" stage you would:
- Measure and cut plasterboard to the right sizes and angles
- Fix the panels to timber or metal frames (or ceiling joists) using special studs
- Cut panels to fit around doorways and create opening windows
You would then " Finish the wall by:
- Sealing joints using filter or adhesive
- taping over the seals either by hand or with a taping machine
- Applying a thin layer of plaster over the tap (skimming)
- Sanding down the area ready for painting and decorating
You will be based on building sites around the Exeter area. Although your own transport is not essential it will be your responsibility to get to the place or work.
Wage - £3.50per hour.
Employer Description -
MJ Stevens are a multi-award winning contractor who has been able to obtain the most prestigious prizes time and time again using the belief in quality, time and management to produce the best end product for our client.
We work closely with many charities, local sports teams and events. In addition to our charity work, we have also set up an ‘Apprentice of the Year’ award which has become something that all our apprentices aspire to and see as a sign of success amongst their peers.
Location - Exeter